This project is read-only.

Runs on Vista?

Jul 9, 2007 at 6:43 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2007 at 4:07 PM
I installed on Vista Ultimate and when clicking on the cwebber.exe file I just see a window come and go. No GUI. If I click on the globe inside the OneNote toolbar also nothing though it does dim a bit.

Also, were I get it to work, are the files created able to be copied to a WM5 PPC and viewed by the pocket browser there?

OneNote is really nice but totally useless to me if I can't see my notes on the PPC. Need to at least see them there even if I cannot edit them on the PPC.

Thanks,
Dave
Jul 10, 2007 at 10:32 PM
I'm experiencing the same. When I click the icon, nothing happens except the icon getting dimmed. Nothing happens either if I click cwebber.exe.
I’m also running Windows Vista Ultimate. I’ve tried reinstall with reboot while turning of my OneCare firewall .

John H. Selnæs
Jul 11, 2007 at 5:11 AM
Would you try this:
1) Uninstall the app
2) Reinstall and choose to install for "All Users".

Sadly there is no setup.exe option to do this so it might not work 100%. When there is an accompanying setup.exe I have found this works. Maybe Dave can post this as well.
Jul 11, 2007 at 6:27 AM
No setup option to do what? Don't understand what you are suggesting.

I always install "for all users" on my machine.

Thanks,
Dave
Jul 11, 2007 at 6:33 AM
There is no option to install for All users.

John H. Selnæs
Jul 11, 2007 at 11:06 PM
I had the same problem, and had no "All Users" choice when I installed. Running Vista Ultimate and ON 2007 (of course).
Nov 2, 2007 at 7:29 PM
I have the same problem with the icon just going dim and doing nothing.

If I run the cwebber.exe program in a cmd window and specify a notebook and a path to export to I can get it to work.

No cool interface or daily update option or anything like that though.
Jan 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Can you give me an example of the command you are using?

midknightr wrote:
I have the same problem with the icon just going dim and doing nothing.

If I run the cwebber.exe program in a cmd window and specify a notebook and a path to export to I can get it to work.

No cool interface or daily update option or anything like that though.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM
Sorry, I haven't checked this place in awhile, but surprisingly it looks like the question was posted not too long ago. It was fate!

If I type cwebber<enter> while in the 'program files/onenote web exporter (0.5.0)/' directory I see:
HCN NSRF
LAB
Neuroscience Classes
Classes

To export a notebook type: cwebber <notebook> <export path> log file
For additional information: cwebber /?

A list of possible notebooks to export (HCN NSRF, LAB,...). The <notebook> has to be in quotes, eg. "HCN NSRF" (I think it should actually tell us that in the 'to export a notebook' section).

So I can type the following:

cwebber "HCN NSRF" c:\users\shawn\desktop\hcn hcn

This works for me :). It's not perfect, and a GUI would be great. I was hoping to find an updated version here, but it looks like the project is dropped or something :(.

I actually made a batch file to run this easier.

Come to my webpage and ask, I'll be more likely to answer.
www.e-lab-book.com

Feb 4, 2008 at 5:48 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Thanks midknightr !

Your solution works for me (Vista 64 and OneNote 2007).

John H. Selnæs
Feb 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM
When I run cwebber.exe from a command line I get this error. I believe this is what is happening when the icon grays out too:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
embly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Publ
icKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find
the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'
at cwebber.Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
gging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
ion!EnableLog].
Feb 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Solved the problem of the "Grayed out Globe!" I enabled error logging, and saw that it could not locate the OneNote interop dll. I then searched for the latest Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies, installed, and BAM, it works. So some people do not have these installed with their .Net, and since this program uses them, they will need to go out and install. An easy way to check, go to c:\windows\assembly and see if you have Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote - if you don't you need it!
Feb 10, 2008 at 2:21 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2008 at 2:32 AM
drebel:
I checked and I have microsoft.office.interop.onenote ver 12.0.0.0 and it still just greys out. (Vista Ultimate Office Onenote 2007)

How do you turn on this error logging you speak of?